Thursday, October 16, 2008

Jack, Jack... Where are you Jack??



So have you ever noticed that in every romantic, love movie the main man is always named Jack?!! Seriously, just think about it. Jack Dawson (Leonardo Dicaprio in Titanic), Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean), Jack Taylor (George Clooney in One Fine Day), Jack Callaghan (Bill Pullman in While You Were Sleeping), the list could go on and on. And all of these Jacks have a similar trait with one another; they're basically studs.. Each one of them are very strong men that fight for what they want and end up completely intriguing that one lucky lady. They all have unique characteristics, but each one of them end up being completely irresistible. Captain Jack Sparrow just gives off that dangerous, manly vibe that may drive us women mad and at the beginning just can't stand him, but in the end we are always subdued by his dashingly handsome charm. Now, Jack Dawson is just basically the all around perfect guy. He is what a typical woman around the world is exactly looking for in their ideal man. He's nice, funny, charming, and talk about cuuutte.. He would do absolutely anything for his gal, which obviously was shown at the end othe movie. Then there was Jack Taylor. He's just the kind of man that you just can't help to fall for. I mean, seriously, as hot as George Clooney and good with little kids...Ding Ding Ding Winner!! Finally, Jack Callaghan in the oh so wonderful, While You Were Sleeping. Ok, so this Jack isn't what you might initially call a "stud"; in fact, some people might even consider him kind of a nerd, but nonetheless he attracts the woman with his humor and sincerity. I'm just gonna say, though all of these "Jacks" possess many different characteristics they know what it takes to sweep a lady right off her feet. They end up being the hero and rescuing that poor "damsel in distress". Talk about some lucky ladies!
As a Jill, I've always gotten the typical, "Hey, where's Jack??" I always just smile, grit my teeth, and walk on by, rolling my eyes thinking, " Pssshh, good one guys.." But the older I get, I'm finally questioning that myself. Where is that man that will sweep me off my feet and untie me from the tracks as the train is about to hit? Where is my dashingly handsome, charming, and funny hero? Seriously, where are you Jack??

2 comments:

Meanma said...

Don't forget....the other Jacks. Jack the Ripper, Wolfman Jack, Jack Black....their are a few who are not the top choice for a leading man! Love, Mom

Gina said...

Don't listen to her...your Jack is a stud!! Anyway, I gave you an award on my blog.